Are you a consulting rock star seeking your next challenge?
Our foundation at Layer 10 is built on the design and deployment of smart building and smart city technology for the built environment. Our design-first, human-centered, product-agnostic approach is designed to intentionally leverage technology solutions to optimize our clients’ office, hospitality, healthcare and multi-family projects.
Beyond our unique service offering, our difference lies in our firm’s culture, intentionally driven by our leadership principles. Our clients’ success is our first priority, always placing their interests before that of the firm’s.
If our way of working resonates with you, please read on. We are actively recruiting to fill immediate needs for experienced Managing Consultants.
Your Opportunity to Excel
As a Managing Consultant at Layer 10 you will have the opportunity to apply your experience and insight in leading complex technology initiatives to an entirely new industry. You will work with developers, owners and tenants, to lead them through the conceptualization, design and deployment of technology solutions to the spaces they occupy. We work across multiple types of builds – office, multi-family, healthcare and entire mixed-use communities.
Delivering in this industry provides you with an opportunity to see the physical manifestation of your efforts, a luxury not typically afforded consultants.
We are hiring the future leaders of our firm. To that end, above and beyond client delivery, there are opportunities to make contributions at the firm-wide level in operational areas such as recruiting, marketing and business development.
- Lead the client through technology design charettes or ideation sessions, discussing the “art of the possible” to define the experience of the end users of the space
- Engage the marketplace and our vendor partners to identify the appropriate market-available technologies to deliver the defined end user experience
- Work with our in-house and contract experts to design the supportive infrastructure to deliver
- Leverage your team building and leadership skills to lead our partner vendors and integrators through the deployment
- Maintain open communication and engagement with the client throughout the processs, escalating issues early and providing concise action plans to address
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive support model for transition to operations, this may or may not leverage our internal managed services offering
Requirements for Success
- 5-15 years IT consulting experience, ideally in IT infrastructure
- At least 10 years experience in complex project and program managemen
- Experience leading diverse project teams
- Executive presence and exceptional communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to creatively adapt to change and firmly abide by project deadlines
- Experience or strong functional knowledge around networking, audio/visual and physical security systems is a bonus
Our clients hire us for their most critical and strategic projects because they know they can trust us to deliver on their most challenging initiatives, because we always take accountability for the success of our projects and we motivate internal and external teams to perform at their best. By maintaining this focus on our clients’ success, we regularly become trusted advisors. Our best business development technique is our kick-ass delivery.
We hire the best candidates, those motivated to make contributions to their clients and the firm, and with whom this way of doing business resonates. As a member of the firm, you will join a team of seasoned consultants who share a commitment to delivery excellence and who are there to help you succeed. Opportunities for professional growth and advancement abound.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, Layer 10 may be the perfect fit. Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.